Chinese Training: 50 Class Hour Program
The 50 class hour program is for beginning students with limited or no established proficiency in Chinese, CCI recommends at least 50 hours of language training to be completed within 6 months. After 50 hours of training, the student’s vocabulary will increase to approximately 300 – 400 words in Chinese. You could learn Chinese online via Skype at your home, or you could go to our school.
With regular instruction, the student should progress from a Novice-Low/Novice Mid speaking level to a Novice-High/Intermediate-Low speaking level, and develop the skills necessary for the student to:
- Identify and reproduce the sounds of Chinese.
- Satisfy the requirements of very basic communicative exchanges by asking questions and making statements involving learned material.
- Understand words and some high-frequency phrases
- Produce words and some high-frequency phrases with correct tones, Pinyin and intonation.
- Develop speaking and listening skills sufficient to satisfy minimum courtesy requirements and maintain a limited number of simple, face-to-face conversations on familiar topics.
- Be able to read and write simple connected material necessary to meet limited practical needs.
If students with some level of established proficiency in Chinese, after 50 hours of training, the student’s vocabulary should increase by an additional 800-1200 words.
Depending on the student’s speaking proficiency level, a student might progress from a Novice-High/Intermediate-Low speaking level to a Intermediate-Low/Intermediate-Mid speaking level, and develop the skills necessary for the student to:
- Initiate, sustain and bring to a close a wide variety of communicative tasks, including limited job requirements.
- Convey meaning with diverse language strategies due to a complication or unexpected turn of events.
- Be understood through increasingly successful circumlocution.
- Utilize a variety of grammatical structures.
- *Read simple, authentic written material of a non-technical nature.
- *Write routine social correspondence and prepare documentary materials for most limited work requirements.
* Only if you learn Chinese writing.
Click on “TRY A CLASS” to apply a Learn-Chinese-Online trial class. You also could click on “SIGN UP FOR FREE” to get free Learn-Chinese-Online video tutorials every week.”
Please contact us to learn more.